Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 28, 2018

How to retrive expert password on checkpoint via CLI? Forgot my checkpoint expert password.


This happened to me and I want to make sure I share it with you so that you can fix it by yourself.

I forgot my "expert" password and needed to reset it.

What you need to do is:
login to the device with admin/root credentials:
checkpoint-fw-raj> show configuration

Run command "show configuration", look at the very bottom and look for this command:

set user admin password-hash $1$6LgE8X45fg23987hgjsi34/234sak

Now set your expert password hash to the same value as admin:


set expert-password-hash $1$6LgE8X45fg23987hgjsi34/234sak

Now duplicate your putty session and login again with admin. Try to go to expert mode now, but use your "admin" user password.

You should be in. Its time to change your expert password now:
set expert-password ---- hit Enter
Current password:
New password:
New password (Again):


checkpoint-fw-raj> save config

Enjoy!
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment